Wednesday, 22 August 2012

DesignStudio4-Project1 Conclusion and Starting point of the Project

I have done it two weeks ago as Poala asked us to do a A3 conclusion, but seems you havent asked for it so I didnt show you
After doing some site analysis, I think the way how the design and arrangement of town hall square encouraging people to use the place is great for me to consider it as reference. They got green lawn, although it is next to a relatively busy pedestrian, the flower lawn in-between act as the break and transition area which makes the lawn is good for sitting and charting. Also, there are outdoor stage for locals to share their music. The most important thing is the multi use of the steps, they are there because of the difference of street level as well as for the seating. In our site, I may do something similar as we need an open-air theatre as well, and the site itself is slanted. It would be great to sit there and enjoy the view of the lennox bridge and the parramatta river.

I may design the main entrance is located at the river side which fix the problem of riverside theatre nowdays, lack of connection to the river, while private car access entry is at the north side. With the consideration of the green space around the size, 3 path are designed to easy access to anyone of them and at the same time, the theatre will become the centre/ the core of the whole area.

This is just a brief idea how I may want to do, I will further develop them into a well conceptual idea and bring it after the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment